- $30B estimated spend in 2018 in US in pet food, with greater than 50% on dog food.
- 90M dogs in the US, across 60M households in 2016.
- Annually, dog owners spend $235 per year on dog food, millennials between $142 and 174.
- Millennials account for 31% of all pet owners, and will add another 2.6 million pet owners from 2015 to 2020.
- Retail price of Slim Health Dry Dog Food: $42-$45.
Slim Health Nutrition Pet Food
In the American pet population, approximately 56% of dogs and 60% of cats were classified as clinically overweight by their veterinary healthcare professional in 2017.
Obesity in pets is a huge problem within the United States with millions of pets living years less due to being overweight. Obesity in pets is caused by them being overfed and not getting enough exercise, which leads to arthritis, diabetes, high blood pressure, kidney disease, cancers, and heart and respiratory disease.
With the majority of North Americans facing heavy work weeks, there is minimal time to spare to add in extra exercise for their animals, which is why we created a technology that targets the issue of obesity by promoting weight loss with every bite of our specially formulated pet food. Which means more time for you to relax and better health for your furry friend! Does it get much better than that?